We invite you to participate in our qualitative research study led by Kamal Raj Acharya (Postdoctoral Fellow) and Dr. Bouchra Nasri from the University of Montreal. The study aims to understand the needs and expectations of potential users of a One-Health data portal/dashboard, which is part of a larger project funded by the One Health Modelling Network for Emerging Infections (OMNI-RÉUNIS) intending to create a sustainable data portal that benefits researchers working on One Health issues.
About the study
The study aims to understand:
- The data access and use experiences of researchers working on One Health issues,
- The needs and expectations of One Health researchers regarding the functionality and sustainability of the data portal that is being built.
As a participant in this study, you will be asked to engage in a two-hour-long discussion and provide insights on key issues regarding data access. Please note that participation in the study is voluntary, and withdrawal at any time is possible without negative consequences or answering all survey questions.
Who can participate?
Your participation will help us understand your data access needs and build a sustainable data portal useful to researchers working on One Health issues.
To participate, you must be one of the following:
- Researchers working on different themes of OMNI-REUNIS project (Co-PIs),
- Representatives of funding agencies,
- Government agency representatives known to host data,
- Researchers independent of OMNI-REUNIS project,
- Subject matter specialists: Computer engineers, Data Scientists, Librarians, etc.
How to participate?
To participate in the study, follow these steps:
- Review the information and consent document below to learn more about the study.
- After review, electronically sign your consent using this link and select your preferred date and time for the discussion.
- By signing the consent document, you confirm your agreement to participate.
The Health and Science Research Ethics Board of the University of Montreal has approved this project (Project# 2023-3999). If you have any concerns about your rights or responsibilities, contact the committee at [email protected]. For any questions or concerns about the research, contact Dr. Bouchra Nasri at [email protected].
Thank you, and we look forward to learning from your insights and contributions to building a sustainable One-Health data portal!